So, a new feature of the podcast, heavily cribbed from the brilliant Scriptnotes podcast, is where we discuss your First Ten Pages.
If you like, and don't mind us being hard on your script, send us the First Ten Pages of your sitcom. Here are some rules:
- Ten pages please. No more. No less. If it's doesn't meet this rule, we're not reading it. Soz.
- PDFs only please. Not .txt. Not .doc. Not .fdx. Not some other weird format. PDFs. Only. Please. Ta.
- You can add a cover page if you like, and it doesn’t count as one of your ten pages. So. Erm. Yup.
- Do NOT send a page of set-up, character outlines or anything like that. Or a CV. We're just reading a script. And that stuff should be clear from the script. So just the script. Please. Thanks.
- Please give us your real name. And a rough place of residence. A town, a county. That kind of thing.
- We'll only be reviewing First Ten Pages on air. Not offline, or emailing you to say what we think.
- Your script will be put up on a page like this so that everyone can read it for themselves and see if they agree with our assessment. If you don't want that, don't submit your script.
- If we decide to review your script, we'll email you to tell you and check that you realises that this you've understood all of the above, and realise that this isn’t a contest. There is no prize. We don't want to develop your sitcom. It's just of the sake of improvement and education. And fun. And that you won't flip out at anything that we say because you are the one who submitted your script. And that, most importantly, you will not claim that they James Cary or Dave Cohen have stolen your idea. Because they won't. They really won't.
Scripts to download and read as you listen:
In Episode 11, we start the ball rolling by reviewing the First Ten Pages of a script Dave Cohen wrote a few years ago. Get that by clicking HERE.
We talk about Ivy View by Those Three Girls. You can read the first ten pages by downloading the PDF HERE.
Violet Falls by David Byrne & Mathilda Gregory: pdf HERE
Cinematic by Lloyd Glanville: pdf HERE
Best Laid Plans by James Cary HERE.
Mah Jong Pizza by David Drakeford HERE.
Selena the Cavegirl by Jim Spears HERE.
Misery Rail by Mark Le Lievre HERE.
SOS by Ben Moore HERE
4 Arts Sake by Martin Locock HERE
The Drama Department by Sheldon Southworth & Andrew Dickson HERE
Episode 34 scripts
Big Wig by Kennedy Goodkey & Roger Haskett HERE.
Monster by Michael Richardson HERE.
Old Habits by Marc Paterson HERE.
Episode 37 scripts
Emplored by Josh Davies HERE
Runners by Adam Lavis HERE
Episode 44 scripts
Council House Swappers by Gareth Wilson HERE
Episode 45 script
Temping by Stephen Quick HERE
Episode 59 script
Jamoke by Tristan Wilson HERE